Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Help from Mr. Turkey


Dear Parents and First Graders

My name is Mr.Turkey.  The terrible rumor is that something terrible will happen to me on Thanksgiving Day just because I am a turkey.

We recently in first grade read the story, “Turkey Trouble,” where Turkey tried many disguises to hide from Farmer Jake so he doesn’t get eaten for Thanksgiving. 

I need your help.  Please make a disguise for me.  It can be anything you want … dress me up like Santa, a baseball player, an elephant, a football player, a ballerina, a ninja, a rock star, ANYTHING that will help me look like I am NOT a turkey.  You can use paint, crayons, marker, glitter, or any material you can find at home.  Do you think you can help me?

You may get help from others because my life depends on your creative disguise.  Please send me back to school by November 16th.

The teachers will hide me somewhere in the hallway or classroom so I won’t end up on anyone’s plate for Thanksgiving dinner.  Thanks again.

Scared featherless,
Mr. Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment